Thursday, August 18, 2011

Iftar Party Rocks!!!

What is an Iftar Dinner?



Iftar (Arabi‎) means the evening meal shared by the whole family to break the fast together right after sunset (Maghrabi) in observance to the holy month of Ramadan by Muslims all over the world.


Our company organizes Iftar Dinner Party every year and this year we had it at Carlton Moaibed Hotel In Al Rakah, KSA. This is the only time when everyone in the company gets together. With the country's strict adherence to the Shariah law, there were no women in the party. Its not that I'm looking for hot Chicks in the event, duh?! but i wanted to give spice to the male crowd who expectedly wore the usuals (you know, earth tones, the usual checkered and stripes) so I went wearing a floral printed shirt.






There I go looking happy despite feeling bad not being able to hit the buffet counter twice in:
Floral Printed Long Sleeve Shirt, Topman 
Skinny Jeans from Penshoppe which 've had for years already (amazing!)
Leather boots, Iconic


I was still hungry when I got home because we arrived at the party so late. After few bites, our big boss delivered his speech. I needed to stop coz I and some of my colleagues whom I came in with are the only people left eating. The speech lasted around an hour and by that time the buffet counter was already closed.

Good thing, A week after I was invited over by my dearest friend Reynolds Sto. Tomas for an Iftar Dinner at their hotel, Tulip Inn. and this time I am inspired by a chic rock n' roll look . I went for a literal interpretation of the look with gold beaded shirt, studded belt, brown leather shoes and grey trousers.





Shirt from Centerpoint, Saudi Arabia
Trousers from Iconic, Dharan Mall, Saudi Arabia
Boots from Iconic, Dharan Mall Saudi Arabia
Belt from Jaded, Centerpoint, Saudi Arabia




















My truly treasured friends in KSA (from left to right: Jovito Perante, Larry Buensuceso, yours truly and Reynolds Sto, Tomas)



Fun being with you guys!. Had a great time. Until next year!

I was so full that i literally lay down in the tent displayed inside the lobby of the hotel.




Big thanx to my friend Reynolds Sto. Tomas for the invitation. It means a lot. Beso!!!



Beso!

4 comments:

  1. wow. partying in KSA. love it. i applied for a work there but i refused the offer. *smacks head* haha now i have no job.
    following your blog now...
    hope you check and follow my blog too.
    noehs-ark.blogspot.com

    stay fabulous and spread love! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Noeh! I will definitely follow yours too.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! Thank you guys!