Friday, January 27, 2012

My Boss Greets Me "Whoa!!!"

I feel unfortunate for not being able to shop Versace's collection for H&M. I even went to Riyadh last November but it was too early. No single item from the collaboration for men ever got displayed on the shelves in one of H&M branches that has menswear in Dammam. Grrrr!

Last Wednesday, I thought of channeling one of the looks in Versace + H&M Fall/Winter collection by wearing this bold beautiful floral printed long-sleeve shirt to work which I bought many years ago at Landmark in Makati, Philippines. I havent worn this for such a long time as I am quite anxious of what people at work would react when they see me. As far as I've noticed, I haven't seen anyone in the kingdom wearing floral printed shirts. 

A dress in Versace+H&M Collaboration 
( image source: www.hm.com/us)


I was one hour late that day. I woke up so late. I was walking stealthy to my desk hoping my boss wouldn't catch me when I realized that he was standing near at it which was already late for me to turn back and hide. I greeted him but got surprised with his reaction as he said whoa! as soon as he saw me with his eyes startled as if they've seen boobs. I would love to think that his reaction wasn't implying anything bad. 

Some of my colleagues poked the fun at me. They said it looked like a table cloth and that maybe I'm lost and supposed to sing somewhere. None of those made me feel bad that day. I always feel good about what I wear. I know we cannot please everybody so I always give myself a positive thought. 

"In fashion, you know you have succeeded when there is an element of upset."- a quote from Mother Monster herself, Lady Gaga.

This is the outfit I've worn without the straw hat and bag.

Shirt: from Landmark, Philippines
Trouser: Zara, KSA
Double Belt: Zara, KSA
Bag: from Glorietta, Philippines











Beso!

8 comments:

  1. -i wish i had your creativity, so floral dresses wouldn't be stuck underneath the pile of clothes.. ;)

    dress me on my wedding ..

    Hug-kiss,

    Pretty Glaiza ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I would love too! Please advise me when. I would love to be there. Best wishes in advance. Im happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great posts and lovely blog! love it!
    xoxo,
    fashionhypnotised girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you fashionhypnotised! hope you could follow my blog. I love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous look dear ^^ Love your blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    Join my first giveaway, open internationally ˆ⌣ˆ click here.
    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE ♥ ♥ the outfit. looks good on you
    Followed you, follow back?

    Dianne
    georgeousdk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! Thank you guys!